So, June was indeed a busy month for me. But I’m not going to go into that. I’ve got a few good blog postings in me and I promise I’ll try to get them out soon! So where to begin?
|Innocent looking… yes!?
Well, the thing that came to mind and got me back to my keyboard was a little tidbit that came from a friend who’s a volunteer fireman in Bridgehampton. While I see many folks out there in the Hamptons pouring into Spanks and hiking the beach in Christian Louboutin’s all for the sake of appearances. Where am I going with this? Well, the town of East Hampton just bought matching Moncler outfits for their entire fire department! Just kidding. Let me get back to my point that is really actually quite off point.
Well you know those shiny candle lanterns that adorn so many Hamptons landscapes, well apparently they’re deadly? Ok, well maybe not deadly but they created a virtual TOWERING INFERNO the other day in Bridgehampton that would do Irwin Allen proud! Apparently one home owner left one of these stylish and sleek adornments outside during last weeks heat wave. The problem was the glass on the lantern acted as a sort of magnifying glass and burned a hole right in the side of the unsuspecting homeowners beautiful cedar shake abode! YIKES! Talk about a need for some Restoration Hardware… get it?
Finally, a little chuckle from the crazy tenants file! You know that red switch for the furnace and hot water heater? Well in some of the older homes, these switches look like something more out of Doctor Frankensteins lab. I mean Dr. Frankunsteen’s lab. Anyway, its a bad place for your wife to hang her purse! Because when you hang a purse on the switch, it goes down and the furnace goes off and you have no hot water. It’s that simple. You’re a CEO and you needed me to figure that one out?! Just saying!